Sunday, July 20, 2008

Graduation Day

Friday, we took Bet up to Northern Virginia to begin what I hope will be her new career. We took the opportunity to make it a much needed break from both the farm and the kids. This was to be our anniversary trip also - our fifteenth!

I am grateful for the help of good friends like our neighbors, who watched the boys, and Laura, who came and watched the farm for us. she did a bang up job and I really hope we can talk her into doing it again sometime. I.e., that she was not too traumatized by the experience. I promise next time that we will not booby trap the swing and the water hose!

It was a lovely ride up the Shenandoah Valley and we arrived an hour or so from sunset. We had a wonderful time after we dropped off Bet, in breathtaking Prince William County, including a tour of the Manassass battleground. Well, just a small part of it around Henry House as we had forgotten to bring sunscreen for Patrick.

As usual, I took some "Graduation Day" pictures of Bet before we left.

Is this my good side?


Hey, what's that?
People who have seen Bet in person are probably amazed that I've gotten so many pictures of her holding still. It's the magic of multiple frames, my friends . . .

Hey there! Got sheep? Geese? Ducks?


So, I got a bunch of pictures because, really, how cute is this dog?

It's really her main "fault" because she knows she's so adorable and oh, how she can work it!

Seriously, how could you even think anything this dog did could ever be wrong?

See, if you had her you'd want to talk like a chicken too. You know you would.

No comments: