Monday, August 24, 2009

How to Break a Leg Without Really Trying

I'm really a genius at accidents. This time I stepped in a hole during
a walk and fell. Not very interesting, and the stress fracture in my
upper fibula that resulted should have been a very minor injury
requiring just a couple days of rest and a couple weeks in a wrap.

The genius entered the picture when I had no idea, shrugged it off as
a bruise, and went on with my usual farm and housekeeping activities.
For a week.

When I finally saw the doctor, he wasn't even sure what TO do, other
than tell me to get off it for a week and see the orthopedist if it's
not vastly improved.

Well, it's been impossible to stay off it. The ewes have been plagued
with a coccidia outbreak, requiring daily medicating. The laundry will
overwhelm us if it's not watched closely though the kids have been
good hellers there. Patrick starts teaching again this week.

So I'm not doing that great. It's off to the ortho sometime this week.

Maggie has been very attentive this whole time. That's one nice thing
to come out of it. Maggie likes having a job.

No comments: