Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Smidge Update!





Sam's going to be six months old in a few weeks! Time is really flying and to be honest, I'm just as glad. I'm not one whose favorite part of having dogs around is puppyhood. I stress out too much over the lifelong implications of the decisions I make.

The weird thing is I don't have the same lack of confidence when it comes to the kids. I think it's the time span. Puppyhood is frighteningly compressed and intense.

We're doing fine though. I like Sam's personality a lot. He's really upbeat even when he's being corrected for mischief. He's super honest. And it doesn't take much to let him know I don't appreciate whatever he's doing.

I really can't wait to start doing serious training with this guy. I think he's going to be a lot of fun for me. I'm hoping that we will be able to go up to Christine's for regular lessons this fall. I'm seriously downscaling my sheep operation to that end. The less money goes into feed this winter, the more I'll have to spend on training for Ted and Sam! ;)


No comments: