Friday, February 20, 2009

Ted Working Videos - Ewes and Lambs

Video of Ted working our ewe and lamb flock. It was super hard to see with the sun so low! I was trying to practice getting Ted to tuck in the sides, hold this entire group together. Umm, we kinda did.

What I didn't realize was that the lambs were starting to react to Ted for the first time, instead of just following their mamas. And Ted did realize this.

He kept looking around at me to see whether I wanted the lambs tucked in, too. He decided to do it anyway, if you look carefully - I thought he kept flanking slightly off contact but I didn't, fortunately, touch that, because I felt he was stressing and couldn't figure out why.

The dog barking frantically is our neighbor's dog, who runs the fence and presents a bit of a challenge working in our tiny space. The sheep are used to her now somewhat, but she still keeps them jumpy if we are close to that fenceline to the left. On the other side of the yard, there are dogs on the other side of that fence, too. The sheep hate standing in that corner because of that, and desperately want to bolt diagonally down to the right to their Zen Place in the back of the house.



No comments: