Monday, June 30, 2008

Interim

Well, I've discovered the first pitfall of blogging. When there's lots of interesting things going on, there's no time to write. When there's time to write, there's nothing interesting to write about.

We've been shearing, entertaining like crazy, I've been getting Ted ready to go to his trainer next month, and I'm getting two dogs ready for goosedogging (I hope), and one ready for his new life as someone's full-time companion. Until the travel madness of week after next starts, I'll have a chance to breathe over the next week.

Breathing means catch up work, though! We still have to finish up shearing (I sprained my wrist pretty badly and had to stop last week). Plus, we will be putting in another line of fence, bringing our total paddock space to twelve acres (four three acre paddocks). I don't foresee our ever fencing in the big pasture. If we fence in anything, it might be the four acre hay stand across the road. It's a crying shame to let that go to waste but it's bounded on two sides by highways so we'd have to fence it very securely, to the tune of about $1000.

So this entry is a placeholder. My apologies for that. Later, I'll post more on shearing, Ted's training, ducks, and goosedogs. Not all in one post though. This will help me remember later when things get boring again, what to write about!

2 comments:

Bex and the Bookends said...

I hope your wrist is soon feeling better. I'll look forward to reading when you get more posted.

Living life is more important than blogging it!

Sincerely,
Rebecca

Darci said...

Its been a couple of weeks since I had any time to say anything on mine too. Priorities and all....
I like what Rebecca said about living life being more important than blogging it, but it sure would be nice to have a mineut to just sit and reflect eh!?
Have a great weekend.